LinkedIn is where social media and business come together. It’s the perfect marriage of information sharing and networking in an online business world, which is why it is a great platform for companies to reach out to consumers and even prospective employees. However, your LinkedIn company page needs to stand out to get the attention that it deserves. It starts with knowing whose attention you want to get. As a company, you want to appeal to consumers, but you also want to stand out to prospective employees that could be the key to moving your company forward.
Elements of a Quality LinkedIn Page
It isn’t difficult to fill out the company profile, but there are some practices that you want to exercise throughout the process. When done right, you have a powerful form of social marketing on your hands. Here is what you want to do:
- Sign up for a LinkedIn account. You can fill in all the required fields for your personal account. To create your company page, move the cursor over “Interests” at the top of the homepage.
- The “Create a Company Page” box will pop up. Click “Create.”
- Enter the company name and the email address you use for the company.
- Click “Continue” to provide information about the company. You must provide a company description before the page can be published.
- Bring your page to life by uploading the company logo and a banner image to the top of the page.
Once you fill in the proper information, the page is published for public view.
Give a Voice to Your Brand
This type of social media marketing gives a voice to your brand. Create job listings, tell people more about the company, and communicate with your network every day. You can talk about your products and services, customize products and services by audience, and put a spotlight on certain products and services. Your audience can then recommend what you are offering and see who in their network recommends your offerings.
Once your page is up and running, you can promote your page by linking to your other social media accounts, blogs, and newsletters. You can also place a button on your website so people can connect with you on LinkedIn. If you want to attract a targeted audience using ads, then you can invest in ads on LinkedIn’s ad network.
Make sure you update your status often, keep your page information updated, and respond to messages promptly. When you use this interactive platform in these ways, you build the reputation of your business even more. You are also opening another door for individuals to reach your company and find out what it’s all about.